Recreating take-out style Chinese is easier than ever before.
The key to this recipe is to have everything ready before hand, and simply combine the ingredients in your wok or pot.
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 garlic
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup cooked chicken (leftover BBQ chicken works great)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup soya sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 500 grams precooked chow mein noodles
- saute your onions and garlic
- add in your celery, carrots, chicken and sprouts saute 5 minutes
- add in your noodles and mix together
- add in your broth, soy and fish sauces
Tip: Daniel wanted a scrambled egg in his chow mein which was a big hit with the children. Instead of using chowmein noodles, we used up a package of Japanese soba noodles we had in the house, and I added sliced almonds.
You can add in slivers of cabbage sauteed after the onions, green beans, mushrooms, and green onions for variations on this recipe. Also try beef, shrimp or tofu instead of chicken.