I turned 47 this year and the last four years since moving to Hungary have gone by so fast, so I decided this morning when I woke up to start a 50 before 50 list.
I plan to visit the places I have always dreamed of going. And now that I am older, let’s hope money will not be as much of a problem is decades past! Guess it is one thing that the wrinkles and the sagging parts have earned, the security of the next phase being more comfortable.
I hope to inspire others to tag along for the ride. We have time, and I hope the things are going to be more profound but just as important as my 40 before 40 list.
We are all students in this adventure. So much to experience and learn. I can only hope to become wise as I age, I hope to have a few more epiphanies before I die, and not just about hair colour and what style looks best on my body.
I can dream that I will be better in my fifties, sharper, and more clear, but already I find my mind slipping, sometimes forgetting the words to a song in midstream, where before I would never falter under stress.
I hope not for perfection but acceptance of myself. Age has a funny way of making things simpler.
If my thirties brought me family, then my fifties will be about setting the babes free. I am already bracing for the impact.
For now I am starting to make the list, adding and subtracting the things I would like to do over the next 3 years. I have already started to tick them off as I get them done!
- Learn a cool, nowadays dance
- Flashmob as a goodbye to my students
- Stand up to my bully
- Tell them how it is, show bravery in the face of inequality
- Put house on market
- Sell off stuff
- Get down to two suitcases each hopefully for the last time
- Buy our forever home
- Decorate our forever home, and not all in IKEA 😉
- Finish my BAC of Education and/or switch to psychology
- Start a job I really truly love
- Join a ‘green’ cause in our new city
- Write a song
Create a new recipe√ Broccoli chicken and cheddar cheese, made from paprika’s base! It was to die for, recipe to follow
- Enter a contest
- Visit Alaska
- Visit the big island of Hawaii
- Visit Maui
- Visit the Caribbean, Dominican Republic
- Visit Cuba
- Visit Yucatan with the kids
- Paint a painting from start to finish
- Create a garden wall
- Adopt a dog
- Buy a motorhome
- Take the kids down the coast from Vancouver – Tijuana and back
- Visit Seattle
- Visit Vegas
- Visit San Francisco
- Visit San Diego
- Visit LA
- Visit New York
- Volunteer at an old age home
- Sponsor a family at Christmas
- Volunteer at Children’s Hospital
- Take mom on a cruise
- Learn to ride a motorbike or large scouter
- Write a book on the benefits of a GAP decade
- Find a publisher
- Book tour across Canada <3
- Visit the Maritime provinces
- Visit Rome
Create a TED Talk√
- Make a new friend
- Embrace family in all its diversity
- reconnect with old friends
- Establish new workout routine
- Join a choir
- Learn to love myself unconditionally