- 1 kg sausage of choice cut into bite sized pieces (optional)
- or 1 jar or can beans of choice (white beans, butter beans or lentils)
- 2 diced onions
- 4-5 cloves garlic, crushed or grated
- 2 tsp fresh, grated ginger
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves stripped off the stem
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (or curry leaf and turmeric)
- 6-8 tomatoes, diced
- freshly squeezed lemon or lime
- salt & pepper
- fresh chives for garnish
Cook onions in oil over medium heat until translucent. Add the garlic, and ginger. (optional Deglaze with white wine)
Brown Sausages or drain beans and add to the mixture
Next, add remaining ingredients and simmer until thick and saucy all at once – about 3o minutes (more if you used wine).
Squeeze lemon or lime right into the sauce before serving over rice.
Eva’s Tip: Add hot chilies if you like it spicy and add shrimp for another level of flavour! Change the meat to chicken, or fish for a different take on the same great sauce!